Cserni’s success story dates back to 1930 when Franz Cserni Senior founded a carpentry business in the Austrian region of Styria. The business was carried on by Franz Cserni Junior from 1966 and turned into a firmly-established interior furnishing business. In 1997 his son, the architect Martin Cserni, enhanced the company by adding a property development side as well as an architecture firm and took over the business in 2002, building a new company site in the “Green Lagoon” in the town of Fehring.
In 2009 the company was further expanded and the architecture firm CSERNI & Schifko ZT GmbH was founded in Graz. Simultaneously, the Cserni live premises in Vienna were opened comprising offices, a showroom and the Cserni bar. In 2010 the furniture production plant in Fehring was expanded and modernised. In 2011 the Hamburg premises were opened which were moved to Hamburg city centre upon the opening of the Cserni & Kröncke showroom in 2013.
“Having around 100 highly qualified members of staff at our four locations in Fehring, Graz, Vienna and Hamburg enables us to place a great deal of emphasis on comprehensive client assistance, and we are proud to have so many renowned Austrian as well as international clients. In addition to numerous private clients, our appeal also extends to business clients with our high quality service in the areas of structural engineering and interior fittings.” – Martin Cserni